Previews of tomorrow's game can be found in this week's Maggiezine. Players are asked to be in the dressing rooms at least 30 minutes before throw-in.
Local pride is at stake as the Village Adult Hurling League finally gets underway tomorrow (Saturday) in Clarecastle GAA from 2pm.
After weeks of speculation surrounding the make-up of teams and squads, managements are now hot on the recruitment drive to secure some last minute signings ahead of this weekend's throw-in.
Anyone who wishes to play or mentor can still do so by contacting any of the management teams ASAP:
Ballybeg/Limerick Road - Pat Barry 086 6889229
Barntick/Kildysart Rd/St Joseph's - John Callinan 087 2564112
Claremount/Primrose Gardens - Barney Lynch 086 3383650
Killoo/Skehanagh/Knocknamana/Manus - Michael Slattery 087 6393040 or Gary Casey 087 1249618
Lissane/Island McGrath/Hill View - Paddy Quinn 087 7910472
Village/Clarehill - Jane Scanlon 087 2483869
The competition is made up of six teams, split into two groups of three, with each team playing their group opponents to decide placings.
The eventual winners of Group 1 will play their Group 2 equivalents in the Cup final on Saturday, February 6th, the runners-up in each group will face off for the Shield title while the third placed teams will vie for the plate honours.
Hurleys and helmets will be provided for those who don't have access to playing gear.
- Players both male and female must be overage for Under 16.
- teams will be 15-a-side, with unlimited substitutes.
- full hurling rules apply.
- Games are 40 minutes in total, 20 mins per half.
- To cover for insurance, an entry fee of €10 must be paid in advance of playing. This fee can go towards club membership or alternatively if members have paid their full membership for the year, they will be automatically eligible to play.
- To ensure that every player gets game-time, there are certain conditions attached to each team. Every team must have 2 Over 40's, 2 Over 30's and 2 females on the field at all times. Failure to do so could result in forfeiting the game.
Round 1 (Saturday, January 16th)
Killoo/Skehanagh/Knocknamana/Manus v Village/Clarehill @ Clarecastle GAA, 2pm (Referee: Joe Griffin)
Barntick/Kildysart Road/St Joseph's Terrace a bye
Claremount/Primrose Gardens v Ballybeg/Limerick Road @ Clarecastle GAA 3pm (Referee: Joe Griffin)
Lissane/Island McGrath/Hill View a bye
Round 2 (Saturday, January 23rd)
Killoo/Skehanagh/Knocknamana/Manus v Barntick/Kildysart Road/St Joseph's Terrace @ Clarecastle GAA, 2pm
Village/Clarehill a bye
Claremount/Primrose Gardens v Lissane/Island McGrath/Hill View @ Clarecastle GAA, 3pm
Ballybeg/Limerick Road a bye
Round 3 (Saturday, January 30th)
Village/Clarehill v Barntick/Kildysart Road/St Joseph's Terrace @ Clarecastle GAA, 2pm
Killoo/Skehanagh/Knocknamana/Manus a bye
Ballybeg/Limerick Road v Lissane/Island McGrath/Hill View @ Clarecastle GAA, 3pm
Claremount/Primrose Gardens a bye
Finals Day (Saturday, February 6th)
Cup Final - Group winners 1 v 2
Shield Final - Group Runners-Up 1 v 2
Plate Final - Group third placed sides 1 v 2